The Office of International Affairs (OIA) is the hub of international activities at IUPUI.
We work with people and organizations on campus, in Indianapolis, and throughout the world to:
- Graduate students able to operate in a globalized world with skill, wisdom, and responsibility
- Facilitate international engagement and partnerships
- Recruit and enroll international students
- Provide transition support, expert advising, and visa services for international students and scholars
- Oversee IUPUI’s study abroad activities
- Support international teaching and learning—for example, through use of the Global Crossroads videoconferencing lab
- Increase intercultural understanding through events and programs, including the International House
A Global Campus in a Global City
We play a vital role in enhancing internationalization at IUPUI—a key part of the campus’s strategic plan. We also partner with local organizations to support IUPUI’s community engagement, in Indianapolis and abroad.
IUPUI received the prestigious Heiskell Award for Innovation in International Education in 2009 and the Senator Paul Simon Award for Comprehensive Internationalization in 2011.
Learn more at: https://international.iupui.edu/