The 2013 Sister Cities Festival hosted by the Mayor’s Office of International and Cultural Affairs on Sept. 14th gave visitors a chance to get a taste of new cultures. ACSI was among the many international organizations represented that day. To get a taste at ACSI’s table, visitors had to harness their chopstick prowess to collect pieces of candy of varying sizes which presented a challenge to children as well as adults. ACSI shared their table with The Asian Learning Center who provided supplies for the game. Aside from the game, staff from both groups were able to increase awareness about their organizations and to network with individuals interested in upcoming events and opportunities.
Thank you to the more than 60 individuals who came out to ACSI’s Summer Social at Victory Field!
A special thank you First Merchants Bank, Ogletree Deakins, Gaylor, IEDC and Hylant whose much appreciated support make events like these possible.
ACSI is looking for an intern for the fall semester!
Interns will have the opportunity to meet with some of Indiana’s premier business leaders and participate in events with delegations from China. Along with tending to membership issues, interns will work closely with ACSI staff to develop outreach strategies.
1. Provide excellent customer service to ACSI members
2. Help organize and plan ACSI events
3. Represent ACSI in a professional manner at private events
4. Contribute relevant information for ACSI newsletters
5. Research data on the latest business trends locally and abroad
6. Develop social media campaigns utilizing Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
1. Current undergraduate or graduate from an Indiana-based college or university
2. Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks
4. One-year of work experience preferred
5. Microsoft Office proficient
6. Social networking, competent internet technology skills
Interested individuals should email their cover letter and resume to Colin Renk, ACSI Operations Manager, at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is encouraged to apply early!
ACSI is pleased to announce Dave Carini as its new executive director. Dave joins ACSI after more than thirteen years living and working in China, most recently as managing director of Maverick China Research, a Beijing-based market research and consulting firm he co-founded in 2006. Dave speaks fluent Chinese and brings a wealth of cross-cultural business development and strategic planning experience to ACSI. Feel free to wish Dave a hearty hello at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the more than 250 guests in attendance that made our event such a huge success. A special thank you to the Indiana Economic Development Corporation, Chase Bank, Hoosier Energy, the Buchanan Group, Telamon, the Heritage Group and Faegre Baker Daniels, whose support made this event possible!